There are 4 major GSM network operators in Vietnam:
Coverage and speeds are quite good for South -East Asian standards: 2G/GSM is on 900 and 1800 MHz, 3G on 2100 MHz. Viettel and Vinaphone introduced DC-HSPA in 2014, 4G/LTE is being launched on 1800 and 2600 MHz after Viettel, Vinaphone, Mobifone and Gmobile received licenses in 2016.
To buy a prepaid SIM card, you have to officially show your ID or passport and need to be registered first, before the SIM card can be activated. But in practice, this was not really much enforced before November 2016. Then the government shut down 12 million falsely registered SIM cards. The rules are now more strictly enforced, that you bring your passport and register to activate your SIM card in an operator's store.Small independent corner shops can't activate them for you and they still sell a SIM on somebody else's identity to you.
You can still buy a SIM card at a corner store or at the airport. But have in mind that they are not properly registered and you may risk that your SIM will be shut off anytime without prior warning. Even at airport booths, they still sell them without the legal registration. When you ask for it, they will smile or find an excuse or simply lie to you)
With these vendors make sure that they activate it for you or show where and how to do it. Official registration can done in the major stores of the operators or the seller will direct you to a registration point, where you'll need to show your passport. Don't leave the store without instructions, how to activate or with a SIM which is already activated. You can check whether your SIM has been registered by texting 'TTTB' to 1414 on all major operators. If registered, the response will include the name, birthdate, and ID number (Vietnam ID or foreign passport) of the registered individual.
- Working in Telecommunications Field over 5 years, Pham Gia Travel is operating as the Major store of 3 wide Operators in Vietnam: Viettel, Vinaphone and Mobifone. With deep experiences in providing Tourist sim plans, we guarantee to offer you the best options at cheapest price.
- All our Sim – Card is registered officially under your name so you are out of worry about the risk that your SIM will be shut off anytime without prior warning.
- We provide free shipping Sim – Card to your hotel in Hanoi city center and supposed to set it up to make sure it works smoothy.
- We provide multiple plans to meet your high requirements:
- Voice & Data: Click me go to page book voice & data sim
- Only Internet Access: Click me go to page book only internet access sim
Beside offering Sim - Card, Pham Gia Travel is also the Operator and Travel Agency in Hanoi where provide you all information for your trip in Vietnam, especially Halong bay cruises
, Sapa trekking tours
, Ninh Binh excursion
like: Hoa Lu -Tam Coc, Bai Dinh - Trang An, Hanoi sight seeing tours
.... With slogan " Leading to the dream journey"
we promise to bring you all the best to make your trip delightful and last forever as your most fantastic holiday ever. Please clikc here for more detail: https://halongdailycruises.com/